Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wisdom from Whitman



 Songs From Paumanok-13
Was someone asking to see the soul?
See, your own shape and countenance, persons, substances, beasts, the trees, the running rivers, the rocks and sands.
All hold spiritual joys and afterwards loosen them-
How can the real body ever really die and be buried?

Songs of Myself
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then-I contradict myself;
I am large-I contain multitudes.

I am too not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable. I sound my barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world.

Bits and Quotes:
Do anything but let it produce joy.

Keep you face always to the sunshine-and shadows will always be behind you.

Resist much, obey little.

Be curious, not judgmental. 

In the faces of men and women, I see God.

I refuse putting from me the best that I am.

I swear to you-there are divine things more beautiful than words can tell.


-N

No comments:

Post a Comment